Atheln’s BD experts have held senior level positions in business development and licensing, corporate and strategic development
Often licensing or acquisition of a company’s asset(s) is a key component of a go-to-market strategy. Consequently, it is not only important to address regulatory, prescriber, patient, and payer needs when devising product development plans, but also to align with potential strategic partners’ requirements when advancing assets in early- to late-stage development.
Central to a company’s Business Development (BD) strategy and plans is to determe when to partner, whom to partner with, how to convey the value proposition and data package to a potential partner, how to prepare for the partnering process, how to effectively partner and define deal terms to meet the needs and objectives of a company.
Atheln’s BD experts have held senior level positions in Business Development and Licensing, Corporate and Strategic Development in large to mid-sized multi-national biopharma/biotech and med-tech organizations. In these roles they sat on the other side of the table from a partnering and due diligence perspective. As consultants, they have built impressive deal sheets. These deals span from early-stage pre-clinical deals to late-stage clinical deals, technology deals and territory deals. They know what potential licensees/acquirors are looking for, how they evaluate and value data packages and patents, timing of partnering relative to stage of development, effective negotiations, and setting realistic expectations and terms for a win-win deal.
Atheln’s Business Development services include:
- Fundraising strategies (non-dilutive and dilutive)
- Strategic Partnerability Assessments™ of assets or programs
- Business development and licensing strategies
- Identification and evaluation of potential target partners
- Preparation of or enhancement of collateral materials and data room
- Outreach to potential partners
- Due diligence readiness
- Preliminary valuations and deal models
- Negotiations from deal prep to final agreement for licensing deals